Thank you to DeerTales for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is a great way to meet new bloggers and learn a little bit more about each other.
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it. (11 is such a random number, and I’m pretty sure practically everyone has already done this!)
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give your eleven questions to the nominees.
11 Random Facts About Me:
I work at Waterstones, so I’m surrounded by books all day every day – yippee!
I haven’t been on holiday since I was 13. That was nearly 10 years ago… Lord I need one now…
I put my Christmas tree up mid November because I love Christmas more than Buddy the Elf!
I’m obsessed with candles and mugs. I can’t get enough of them.
I moved to London by myself for Drama School 3 years ago. Now I’m finished and plan on staying here for the foreseeable future.
I spend hours a day looking at puppies on the internet because I want one so badly 😍
I love glitter. It’s a valid fact about me.
I’m taking part in #TBTBSanta this year, because I love the feeling of giving something to someone and wrapping presents is fun!
I suffer with anxiety, so I’m pushing myself to do more things every day to try and overcome the fear ❤️
I’m probably one of the most stubborn and determined people you’ll meet.
Writing this list was probably one of the most challenging things I’ve done this week so far…
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. Favorite book of 2016 so far?
Well, it wasn’t published in 2016, but it’s the bet I’ve read this year and may possibly be my favourite series now; Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
2. Who is your ULTIMATE book OTP? You can only pick one!
Chaol and Celaena. Boy, that broke me…
3. Favorite candle scent concoction? Bookish or not, doesn’t matter.
Pink Dragonfruit Yankee Candle. It is just absolutely divine.
4. Marvel or DC? Who is your favorite superhero?
Ummm… I’m not going to lie, I don’t really know much about superheroes, and I couldn’t tell you which are Marvel or DC… Maybe I need educating?! But I did see Ant Man at the cinema earlier this year and that was pretty cool. I think that’s Marvel, right?
5. Is there a word that you just always misspell?
It’s a disgusting word… But diarrhoea (SORRY) I can just never spell it. Not that I need to in reference to myself, just when I’ve come across the word… Oh never mind, I’ll go crawl into hole… It was the first one I could think of, I’m pretty good at spelling!
6. Describe your version of the perfect day. (Can be a holiday if you like!)
Get up. Have a coffee (vanilla latte is preferred), don’t get dressed, watch Netflix and read books with snacks. Go to sleep. I couldnt do this everyday because I get antsy if I do nothing for too long, but every once in a while, this is exactly what I need! If I were on holiday it would be getting up and spending the day in and out of the pool in the sunshine❤️
7. Do you have any pets? TELL ME ABOUT THEM.
In my flat in London, I don’t (although I really want a little dog, but just can’t have one 😰) I do however have a lazy ginger cat called Tigger (original, I know) and a black Lab cross Staffie, cross Border Collie called Poppy at my family home back in Yorkshire.
8. What would be your death row meal? (sorry for the morbidness, but this is important and I am judging you)
A massive Roast Chicken dinner with Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings and stuffing… 😱😍
9. Scary movies or nah?
Nah. Mostly, I don’t find them scary, and the acting is usually so terrible I can’t stick to watch more than half an hour, so it doesn’t even get to the scary bit.
10. You get a free ticket to go anywhere in the world, where are you headed and why?!
Italy, because FOOD. I love Italian food more than anything, and also it just looks beautiful over there!
11. Coffee or tea? Can you show me your favorite mug?!
I would have used to say tea even though I don’t drink it often, because I didn’t like coffee at all. Now, however, a nice vanilla latte is my jam.
My favourite mug as of recently, is the one that came in November’s Fairy Loot. It says “Queen of Books” and I love it because I am.
Bloggers I’m nominating:
(Apologies if you’ve already done the tag, but feel free to answer the questions anyway because it’s fun and I’m nosey…)
Eva @ BrilliantlyBookish
Kirsty @ KirstyReadsBlog
Lauren @ WonderlessReviews
Melissa @ BookNerdMomo
Lu @ GirlWhoReads
Your 11 questions are:
- Book you wish had never been written?
- One character you wish was your best friend?
- If you could pick one place in the world to spend the rest of your life, where would it be?
- What one item would you save from a fire?
- One thing you’re obsessed with and just can’t get enough of? It might be something you collect, like candles or mugs.
- Favourite book you read this year?
- Most anticipated release of next year?
- If you could recommend one book to anyone, what would it be and why?
- Summer or Winter?
- An author you wish would write more?
- Favourite part of Christmas? Because I’m excited already…
Make sure to link your responses below so I can check out your answers. Oh, and even if I didn’t tag you, you can still join in too!