I haven’t done one of these posts in AGES, so I thought I’d head back over to the group page on Goodreads, and see what this week’s theme was, and take part again.
T5W, or Top 5 Wednesday, was created as a meme for book bloggers on Goodreads way back in 2013, and it’s still going! No really, how they think of so many different themes is completely beyond me, but it sure is helpful when your blogging ideas are running a little dry, and you just want to do something a bit fun.
This week’s topic is “books you want to see as TV shows”.
A LOT of books that I love have either aready been made into TV shows, movies, or are in the pipe-line for production in the near future.
There are some though, which haven’t, or at least not here in the UK that I know of anyway.
- The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – I just think this would be a super cool TV show, and there’s more than enough content to stretch it out and experiemt with for a long running series.
- Red Queen/Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard – Epic. This would be EPIC. Please.
- All The Light We Cannot See by Antony Doerr – This would probably work out better as a movie rather than a TV show as it ends so conclusively, so wouldn’t be able to continue for any longer than the already written storyline, but I wanted to include it because I loved the book so much and could see it so vividly.
- Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Heaney – Although I didn’t LOVE the book all that much, this would make a great mystery series. There’s room for some fantastic acting opportunities for whoever plays Maude.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara – It would just be the most heartbreakingly beutiful thing to ever be shown on TV.
Let me know in the comments if you’d love to see any of these as TV shows, or if there’s something that you think would be amazing that I haven’t mentioned here!