I absolutely LOVE summer. It is by far my favourite season, and when it’s warm and sunny I just end up being 100x times happier than the rest of the year!
So the Top 5 Wednesday topic for this week is:
The description for this one outlines that these can be anything from beach reads to books that just remind you of summer.
Here are my top 5:
1. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows – I distinctly remember reading this on a beach in Majorca on my last family holiday nearly 9 years ago. It had just been released so it was the book I took in holiday with me, and I just remember lying on a towel on the beach reading whilst the rest of my family (excluding my mum) went on a banana boat in the sea. I was too scared to go, I still hate the sea even now!
2. The Book Thief – I feel like I mention this book far too often, but I read this last summer. It quickly became my favourite book and put me in a slump for the rest of the summer, so I feel it deserves a mention here!
3. The Notebook – The setting of this book, particularly when they go on the canoe, just reminds me of summer. It gives me those sunny summer vibes. 😎 Until of course it makes me cry…
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower – “and in that moment, I swear we were infinite”. That feeling of being in the sun, care free and happy. That what summer is about for me. It’s my favourite season and I wish it could last forever.
5. I’ll Give You The Sun – I haven’t actually read this yet, it’s on my TBR, but ‘sun’ and the cover is bright yellow… It couldn’t be more summery if it tried!
What books remind you of summer? ☀️