My first Top 5 Wednesday Post! I thought I’d give it a go this month after seeing it on many a book blog, and I joined the Goodreads group T5W to keep updated.📝
This week’s topic is:
“Authors You’d Most Like To Meet at BEA and BookCon”.
Now, living in England, I’m not going to be able to go to either of these events. Sad times. I’m not really that fussed about BEA, because I don’t really know any of the authors attending, but not being able to go to BookCon makes me really sad because the author line-up is amazing.
Unless anyone wants to buy me a flight ticket…? Any offers? No? Okay, well I can dream.
So, if I were able to attend BookCon, here’s my Top 5 Authors I’d most like to meet:
1. Victoria Aveyard – I recently read Red Queen and LOVED IT. One of the best books I’ve read this year, and I can’t wait to read the sequel, Glass Sword. I also want to read the companion stories in Cruel Crown, which I never usually bother with.
2. Cassandra Clare – This woman has written more books about one theme than I’ve ever known to exist… HOW?! And how do they continue to be so popular and hyped? I’m yet to read any of them (they are on my TBR and I’m going to start TMI series very soon, and I already own Lady Midnight, so I’ve got to get going on them pronto, there’s so many to get through.
3. Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – Where did they get the idea for Illuminae, because let’s face it, the format of that book is seriously cool!
4. Sabaa Tahir – Because I really want my copy of An Ember In The Ashes to be signed…
5. Pierce Brown – Shallow and completely non book related; I just think he’s really quite attractive… (Shame) 😂
Those of you who will be going, I hope you have a great time, I’m super jealous! Maybe in a few years time I’ll have saved up enough money to make a visit to America 😍
Are you going to BookCon? Who are you excited to meet? 🤓
Here’s the full line-up for BookCon 2016 💕